Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I will always fail

Feel so inadequate with school sometimes and know that I can't always deliver my best.

The material always motivates me, but the work doesn't.

Sometimes it's hard NOT connecting your self-worth to your grades or your ability to study and "do it all."

Sometimes you feel like you're living, just to live.

You remember, that there's another life, that you're going to die..that this is not the be-all, end-all...

This is not the be-all, end-all...

But what is that thing inside of you that says that it's not okay to "fail"...?

Funny how we define failure these days. If you don't get your argument in your essay "right," you have "failed". If you don't spend your day in and day out reading textbooks, you have "failed." If you drop out of university, disappoint yourself and your parents..you have "failed."

..why do I always have to feel like a "failure" in this society? It is a society that endeavors to destroy the human soul...human happiness.

Because I know that as long as I go by your rules...I will always "fail."

Here's to sticking it to the man. As long as humans have existed, they have lived in bondage.

2 comments:

Gul said...

I loved that!! -- And (for the most part) totally understand what you mean..We have to play by the rules in order to be accepted by those who actually made the rules. And don't we as humans just want to be accepted?

I think putting the big picture in perspective - that life will eventually come to an end for all of us one day, and knowing there are somethings we want to really experience before that day comes - helps.....

Varaidzo1 said...

it truly does, n! thanks for commenting. We really have to focus on what truly matters and ignore what doesnt, no matter how hard it is. I'm glad you realize these things =)