Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Summer Blogging


Some things I've been pondering lately....

Are we as human beings, truly capable of loving the opposite sex/love interests? Like honestly...? I feel that love these days is some type of facade. Nobody wants to compromise..and everybody's pride gets in the way of truly loving. Is there any hope for those of us who are still young or does marriage=divorce?

Why does life feel so fleeting....and why do I feel like the only one that feels this way...? It's like I have to grab hard and fast onto something or else I'll disappear or float away.

Is it wrong to spend money as a Christian? I recently just made a big purchase...but perhaps that money could go to charities or helping less fortunate people. Why do I always have to feel guilty when I spend money? Crappppp...why am I so selfish? Why do I feel guilty when I enjoy myself these days. I remember that one Bible verse:

"There is nothing better for a man, than that he should eat and drink, and that he should make his soul enjoy good in his labour. This also I saw, that it was from the hand of God." Ecclesiastes 2:24

Truth be told, I like nice things...and when I work and make money I will most likely buy nice things...but it almost feels as if as a Christian you should live in shabby accommodations and give all your money to the poor. The rich Christians...God doesnt shun them, does He?

and..and..

I always feel this pressure to connect with people. Like I should be trying to ask people questions, trying to find out more about their lives, trying..I have all of this potential in me, to be this type of person that I want to be...

I conclude with this...we exist as two...

(1) who we are
(2) who we want to be

.......although, we we want to be is definitely who we are...because I think who you aspire to be, what you wish to be to your friends, strangers, coworkers is who you are. It's just unfortunate that my heart and soul can not always translate into what people see.

No comments: